Image courtesy of Ultra Bollywood
Let us pledge to support any good music that you might come across while paying tribute to Shamshad Begum here….
While paying tribute through a compilation of Shamshad Begum songs to the recently passed away singer of the golden era Hindi movies, I’d like all the like-minded music fans, who appreciate the old movie songs – which featured such playback virtuosi as KL Saigal, Shamshad Begum, Mohammed Rafi, Talat Mahmood, Mukesh, Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhonsle, Manna Dey and such great composers as O. P. Nayyar, Naushad, Shankar-Jaikishan, SD & RD Burman, Kalyanji-Anandji and Laxmikant-Pyarelal – to join hands against the mess being generated by the reality television, the TV idol programs and the boorish item-songs of the present-era Bollywood, and pledge to support any good music that you might come across in your on and offline worlds.
The “good music” here may not necessarily be the old era’s Hindi cinema music, but it could belong to any genre – be it the Indian folk, the Indian classical music or any other inspiring work from the rest of the globe. You are invited to speak and share your thoughts on any inspiring piece of music you might have listened to either in the real or online.
For the time being, though, here is a tribute to the legendary singer, who recently breathed her last at the age of 94, through the following popular Shamshad Begum songs and YouTube videos below. She owned the most feminine, cheerful and yet equally innocent voice that I’ve listened to ever, and helped bring out the best of the female protagonists of the movies of her era.
(Links got obsolete or broken with time, so they have been removed from this blog-post now. Kindly, google the below given Shamshad Begum songs to go to their legit online providers. Updated on 13/10/2017)
- Bachpan Ke Din Bhula Na Dena (Deedar, 1951)
- Badi Mushkil Se Dil Ki Beqarari Ko (Naghma, 1953)
- Boojh Mera Kya Naam Re (CID, 1956)
- Chhod Babul Ka Ghar (Babul, 1950)
- Dukh Bhare Din Beete Re Bhaiya (Mother India, 1957)
- Ek Do Teen Aaja Mausam Hai (Awaara, 1951)
- Holi Aayi Re Kanhai (Mother India, 1957)
- Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar (Aar Paar, 1954)
- Kahin Pe Nigahen Kahin Pe Nishana (CID, 1956)
- Kajra Mohabbat Wala (Kismat, 1968)
- Leke Pahla Pahla Pyar (CID, 1956)
- Mera Dil Todnewale (Mela, 1948)
- Meri Neendon Mein Tum (Naya Andaz, 1956)
- Milte Hi Ankhen Dil Hua Diwana (Babul, 1950)
- Mere Piya Gaye Rangoon (Patanga, 1949)
- Na Bol Pee Pee More Angana (Dulari, 1949)
- O Gadi Wale Gadi Dheere (Mother India, 1957)
- Pagdi Pahenke Turredar (Madhosh, 1951)
- Pee Ke Ghar Aaj (Mother India, 1957)
- Sainyan Dil Mein Aana Rey (Bahar, 1951)
- Teri Mehfil Mein Kismat Azmakar (Mughal-E-Azam, 1960)